Study Reveals Traditional Digital Advertising Rules Don’t Apply in Clinical Trial Recruitment
The study, conducted online with 432 patients in
“As we move toward a future where more personalized therapies make enrolling the right patients more difficult, social media advertising plays an increasingly important role in effective clinical trial recruitment,” said
“Content That Clicks: Effective Social Marketing for Clinical Trial Recruitment” findings include:
- Recall of Clinical Trial Ads is High: Sixty-six percent of epilepsy patient respondents and 79 percent of migraine respondents recall seeing clinical trial advertising. Among places where people recall seeing clinical trial advertising,
- High Trial Intenders Trust Social Media: Survey respondents who indicated a high intent to enroll in a clinical trial showed higher levels of trust in every digital information source included in the study. Most social media channels clustered closely together in terms of trust, with
YouTubeemerging as the most trusted channel. Trust in YouTubeamong those with high intent was 19 percentage points higher than those with low intent.
- Trust in Healthcare Professionals Translates to Creative Execution: When shown creative imagery that included a doctor in a white lab coat versus creative imagery that included a woman in discomfort, the creative execution featuring the physician outperformed the non-clinical imagery by nearly 10 percent.
- Standard Social Rules May Not Apply: While shorter content is typically viewed as gold-standard on social media, with clinical trial social ads, longer content performed better. Eighty-one percent of respondents who indicated their condition has a high negative impact on their quality of life preferred an ad with longer and more detailed copy.
Connect with Us to Learn More
- Download the full report at https://syneoshealthcommunications.com/content-that-clicks
- Stop by our the
Syneos Healthbooth at Digital Pharma East through October 19or check out our blog for ongoing updates from the conference
- Subscribe to our podcast for further coverage of the impact of digital and social media on clinical trial recruitment
Syneos Healthon LinkedIn where we’ll share additional perspectives from our leaders on the digital landscape and implications for biopharma companies
We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. Our agency teams have received more than 1,000 awards for work that disrupts markets and drives behavior change. We create ideas that will work in the real world because they were built there.
Find out more at syneoshealthcommunications.com.
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
+1 919 745 2745
+1 202 210 5992
Source: Syneos Health