Syneos Health Releases the 2019 Health Trend Ten, Outlining Critical Shifts Impacting Drug Development and Commercialization
“In 2019, healthcare marketplace dynamics will demand heightened agility and responsiveness when it comes to biopharmaceutical decision making,” said
- Radical Re-Organization: Internal change is happening fast in 2019. It’s driven by a basic economic need to flex the cost structure. But more importantly, it’s fueled by a new commitment to mix talent, encourage collaboration and always innovative from the perspective of the patient.
- Accelerating Evidence: Regulators around the world are creating policies and collaborations to test novel science and technology faster to understand the real-world impact of treatment and seamlessly learn across geographies.
- Relearning Launch: The need for bold launches is greater than ever; yet we enter 2019 constrained by resources and drive. As the science and economics grow more complex, teams need to prepare markets more comprehensively, redefining both metrics and regional relevance.
- Search for the Right Patients: Data is taking on science. Next year, the most important insight won’t be how a drug works, but who it works for. Systems, media and disrupters are getting much more sophisticated in how they find, engage and support those patients with the best choices and experience just for them.
- Demand for Decision-Driving Insights: Pharmaceutical leaders are passionate about the opportunity to create change – and seeking the momentum to act on it. Look for new calls to more quickly create business cases, advance institutional data fluency and infuse behavioral science in everything we do.
- Rewired HCP: The profession of provider has radically changed as we enter 2019. Physicians find themselves working with less control, higher financial stakes and increasing mental health challenges – all in a climate with more information at their fingertips and less time than ever.
- Relieving Burden: The weight of the work is piling up on our most critical stakeholders. Old and new players are stepping in with strategies and services that reduce friction, complexity and inconvenience across the clinical and commercial landscape.
- Value Puzzle: Debates about value may be old, but innovation, politics and data have re-energized them for 2019. People, payers and advocates want to know: Is it worth it? And who should pay?
- System of One: Care increasingly happens where health happens: at the clinic, at home, at local pharmacies an even on the phone. In 2019, the patient experience – from every day health to clinical trial inclusion – will be more transient, opportunistic and data-centered.
- The New Top Talent: Massive shifts in the expectations of customers and the reality of healthcare are driving demand for talent ready to excel in this new era. Companies are retooling, rethinking and recruiting for 2019.
Author of the eBook
This is the eighth year
Trends Implications – Connect with Us to Learn More
- Download the 2019 Health Trend Ten eBook to read all 10 macro trends and 40 themes for 2019. Also, gain access to 10 worksheets to help evolve or transform 2019 planning.
- Subscribe to our podcast for further coverage of the Health Trend Ten and implications for biopharmaceutical companies in 2019.
Syneos Healthon LinkedIn, Twitter,
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
+1 919 745 2745
+1 202 210 5992
Source: Syneos Health